Sunday, October 08, 2006

Blogging for Dollars (and Knowledge, too, of course)

Today, I plan on starting a blog for my research job, to make it easier to collect data on the significance of food in the Jewish tradition. Mainly, my ethnographic work will actually take place at Jewish community functions, but we are also branching out into email surveys and blog responses. If you consider yourself “religiously Jewish” (in whatever way that seems to fit), drop me a line and you too can be included in this very worthwhile project.

The cool thing is that this will be my first paid blogging activity… too bad I can’t parlay that into a full time gig, eh?

Other than that, work is fairly straight forward right now. SSHRC and OGS proposals are semi-done in some form of draft and submitted to my Advisor, so they may be some measure closer to completion (unless I am wrong and they are complete garbage, which is always slightly possible). And research and outlining for my Vancouver conference paper is underway with new urgency (i.e. I now have less than two weeks to make sure I do not look like a jackass in front of a crowd).

To tell the truth, I almost emailed to cancel my conference in a moment of panic yesterday, but what the hell would my SSHRC application be without this little beginning to my academic career?

So, yes… I press on. Always onwards and upwards, folks.

Even if all I feel like doing is sleeping.
*

No comments:

Powered By Blogger