In less than three days, I will have to board a plane for Vancouver, in which city I will have to deliver a paper to a group of critics aiming to shoot it down. Now, IF I actually make it to the airport on time, and IF I can actually make it to Vancouver (which are pretty big ifs, with my traveling skills), there is certainly no guarantee that this thing will work out. The paper is far from gelling, my mind is all over, my energy is scattered, and I can’t for the life of me figure out what the hell it is I am doing. The only thing I want to do right now is sleep and watch Are You Being Served? until life seems less scary.
Shoot me. Just shoot me now. Please.
*

2 comments:
Don't worry, Holly, you'll be fine. Worries just show that you are taking this conference seriously. I'll be around to help you prepare, and you've still got a couple of days to finish writing your presentation. When it's over, you'll be so glad to have done it! I'm behind you.
As a rocket surgeon, I can confidently perscribe no shooting as a cure. Just some stoic pills during airport and flight times, cuz once you're in motion there is little else you can do about that. Then 10 cc of good humour and remembering that everybody in the audience has picked their noise at one point or another. And hell, a few pink pills of looking-forward-kudos when it's over never hurt.
Steady nerves, quick wit and good memory be unto you in your time of need!
~Mark.
Post a Comment