IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 8.8 GLOBAL HECTARES PER PERSON.
WORLDWIDE, THERE EXIST 1.8 BIOLOGICALLY PRODUCTIVE GLOBAL HECTARES PER PERSON.
IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 1.5 PLANETS.
Well, that is with no car, walking, energy conservation, apartment lifestyle, local produce, and no meat... So I am not sure how to get down to 1 planet, but the problem may not be my lifestyle as much as over population, so who knows?
All I can say, ultimately, though is 8.8???? Good lord.
2 comments:
I wonder how one lives within the means eco-foot gives to you? I want to get down to requiring just one earth.
CATEGORY ACRES
FOOD 4.2
MOBILITY 0
SHELTER 4.2
GOODS/SERVICES 3
TOTAL FOOTPRINT 11
IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 24 ACRES PER PERSON.
WORLDWIDE, THERE EXIST 4.5 BIOLOGICALLY PRODUCTIVE ACRES PER PERSON.
IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 2.6 PLANETS.
Outrageous.
Mine:
CATEGORY GLOBAL HECTARES
FOOD 1.1
MOBILITY 0
SHELTER 0.9
GOODS/SERVICES 0.7
TOTAL FOOTPRINT 2.7
IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 8.8 GLOBAL HECTARES PER PERSON.
WORLDWIDE, THERE EXIST 1.8 BIOLOGICALLY PRODUCTIVE GLOBAL HECTARES PER PERSON.
IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 1.5 PLANETS.
Well, that is with no car, walking, energy conservation, apartment lifestyle, local produce, and no meat... So I am not sure how to get down to 1 planet, but the problem may not be my lifestyle as much as over population, so who knows?
All I can say, ultimately, though is 8.8???? Good lord.
Post a Comment