Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Addresses


Well, the big news around here must be that I GOT THE APARTMENT that I applied for last Friday! This is great news, as it is one less thing to worry about. It is a nice apartment, and suits my needs exactly, so I am pleased. It almost wasn’t to be, as the rental people had misplaced my file at first, but a bit of cajoling later and it was mine!

And I finally got around to ordering my swanky new “PhD Candidate” business cards from the university, all paid for by the department. I know that shouldn't excite me so much, but it really, really does. Now all I have to do is call the phone people, so I can have my brand new telephone number printed on them.

So, everything seems to be running as smoothly as can be expected. Now all I have to worry about this conference in Vancouver (in mere days), packing next week, and moving.

Oh, and money, but, then, isn’t that something of a constant worry?

2 comments:

running42k said...

Best thing about business cards is that you have something to throw into those gold fish bowls at pubs to win a free lunch.

Glad you got the housing thing straightened out.

Anonymous said...

Hey! How DARE you do heavy lifting without telling me! Uh, Hello?!

When?

~Mark

Powered By Blogger