We survived another St Pat’s Day intact, and the grindstone continues without let-up. Had a meeting with my ritual studies prof on Friday, and we smoothed things out after Wednesday’s loggerhead, so life rolls along without too much hostility. Just a lot of work left before I can start my summer tasks.
A brief summary of the rest of my term:
- Must read interlibrary loan book before it turns back into a pumpkin and the jerks take it back on Monday (and another due back on the 27th).
- Must prepare script and rehearse for mc duties for the IAC conference on Friday.
- Mark 50 dialogues and prepare final tutorials (thank heavens) for the 27th.
- Prepare RE700 seminar for April 3rd.
- Prepare 80 minute undergrad lecture for April 3rd.
- Write ritual studies paper for April 5th.
- Write RE700 term paper for April 18th.
- Mark 50 final exams.
And there is a possibility that I may take my French exam this Spring rather than next, “just to get it out of the way.”
So? How does that sound? Doable? Not quite? Oh well, I will make it – like I always do. Just won’t be pleasant. However, on the bright side, preparing for comps for the three months following this mad dash will seem like a cake walk in comparison!
Life continues as normal, I’m afraid.
***

But, on a nicer note, it is Charles Chaplin, Sr.’s birthday today. He would be 143 years old today if he hadn’t died in 1901. He shared none of his sons’ longevity, but the acute alcoholism probably didn’t help with that. Let that be a lesson to you all!
Oh, and congrats to Jerry Lewis for receiving the Legion of Honor from France this past week. Why am I not surprised? Still, you’d think they would have realized that their choice was a bit on the nose and saved themselves the ridicule. Ah, the French!
Oh well, félicitations, mon schmucko!
And joyeux anniversaire, mon grand lush!
De tout mon cœur!

No comments:
Post a Comment