Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Run Faster!

Panic… Panic… Panic…

Adrenalin!

Monday, April 3, 2pm-6pm: RE700 seminar & class
Monday, April 3, 7pm-10pm: Undergrad lecture
Wednesday, April 5, 10am: Ritual Studies paper due electronically
Friday, April 7, 12pm: All grades due for TA class


I am sitting here listening to “The Ballad of Davy Crockett” on the radio and trying not to go out the window. I sent off the Chaplin proposal to the RE700 prof, Dr. B., and I am crawling out of my skin waiting for the verdict. It was chancy to wait until Tuesday to send off a proposal for my MONDAY presentation, but I had to do it.

(Although I should say that I am still interested in hearing your feedback on the matter discussed in the last post.)

If he says yes, I have enough research here and in one book at the library to do this presentation, I think, except for some possible squishiness when it comes to theory surrounding “authenticity.” It will take some work, but if I can get this done by Sunday then I can go into campus and photocopy the handouts, etc., and spend all the rest of Sunday preparing PowerPoint and lecture for Dr. G.’s undergrad class.

(Please, please, please, Dr. B., do not kill me!)

If all goes well, I will survive Monday… And then it is off for 24 hours in hell as I try to write Dr. G.’s grad seminar paper (the one on Groucho) by 10am on Wednesday…

And then get all my marking done before the deadline on Friday morning…

Panic… Panic… Panic…

(Breathe! Calm! Slow!)

As to why I am taking this minute out to update the completely unnecessary blog… All I can say is that I can’t afford the time to see a therapist, so it seemed the lesser of evils.

Back to it…

(PS. Just re-reading this at 6.30pm, I noticed a million typos. Sorrry, I usually try to be so creful. I dot now what possibly coulld've happen. Oh well. Welll try haredr tomorrrrow.)

1 comment:

H. said...

Found some kick-ass stuff in the li-berry for this presentation... Now if only Dr. B. would get back to me to let me know if I am actually doing it.

Oh, and a 24 hour extension will be sought, en masse, by my ritual studies class tomorrow night. Will let you know how that goes.

Not much hope, methinks, as he has already laid down the Word that there shall be NO EXTENSIONS THIS TERM... However, I fail to see what good 24 hours will do him, compared to the fact that it may save my life.

Bah! Bah! to all of them!

Powered By Blogger