Thursday, March 30, 2006

I Don’t Know How to Feel Just Now

We had our last ritual studies class tonight. This is possibly my second-to-last class ever as a student. This feels weird.

Even worse, the prof, who was instrumental in getting me into this program and has been really kind to me this year, asked us for feedback face-to-face at the end. People ripped him a part. I mean they were bitter and cruel, and ungrateful, really.

He quietly and honestly (I think) said that he was surprised that people felt this way, told us that, for him, it was one of the best class experiences he had ever had, and left looking like he’d been stabbed in the back and in the heart.

I did not participate in this. However, neither did I leap to his defense, as I was afraid that I would look like a suck-up and like I was “against” my classmates in this odd, bitchy power struggle.

Yet, I do not agree with some of the harsh criticisms, so I do not know what to do.

I just know that it was bitter, and that is no way for us to end.

(And I just realized how damn Doogie Howser this entry sounds. Sorry.)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger