
2.10pm: Called Dr. B.
(What a wonderful place this is. This program continually astounds me!)
When he said that he hadn’t gotten a chance to send me feedback because he was busy, I replied that that is fine. I don’t need yards and yards of advice. I just need to know if this topic fits the needs of a course on “Religious Diversity in Contemporary North America.”
“Anything fits,” he replied. “You’re fine.”
So I thanked him profusely, told him whatever advice he had time to send me would be appreciated, but mere applicability had been my main concern.
I don’t know if I ever before saw a program that so firmly stuck to its claims of "student freedom," with such fuzzy borders and loose structures. When was the last time I took a class that was so open for experimentation?
Just think: It was only a few years ago that I had to write 30 pages on anything, as long as it came from the 13 chapters of the Book of Matthew we studied that term! (Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed that class, and that paper, but come on!)
Now look where I am!
I am writing a paper for a religion grad seminar on the urban legend of Chaplin's Jewishness...!
Laurier, I love you! Have I told you that recently?
Now for your pleasure, and for mine, the new mantra of the week and an ode to spring (dedicated to Dr. B.):
When the red, red robin comes
Bob, bob bobbin' along, along,
There'll be no more sobbin' when
He starts throbbin' his old, sweet song.
Wake up, wake up, you sleepy head;
Get up, get up, get out of bed.
Cheer up, cheer up the sun is red.
Live, love, laugh and be happy.
What if I've been blue,
Now I'm walkin' through fields of flow'rs.
Rain may glisten, but
Still I listen for hours and hours.
I'm just a kid again,
Doin' what I did again,
Singin' a song
When the red, red robin comes
Bob, bob bobbin' along.

No comments:
Post a Comment