Nice to see the NL flag on your site. I JUST returned to the Maritimes after driving back from Ontario, and am I ever glad to be home.
My maternal grandfather HATES the Newfoundland and Labrador flag. For years, and well into my youth, he refused to fly it and only flew the old Union Jack. I know he agrees with your "much more to our advantage" observation.
We love thee, smiling land. We love thee, frozen land. We love thee, wind-swept land. God guard thee, Newfoundland.
6 comments:
面白いですね
Huh?
歓迎。英語を話すか。
By the way...
何がおかしいか。
Nice to see the NL flag on your site. I JUST returned to the Maritimes after driving back from Ontario, and am I ever glad to be home.
My maternal grandfather HATES the Newfoundland and Labrador flag. For years, and well into my youth, he refused to fly it and only flew the old Union Jack. I know he agrees with your "much more to our advantage" observation.
We love thee, smiling land.
We love thee, frozen land.
We love thee, wind-swept land.
God guard thee, Newfoundland.
I always wondered if it was prophetic that Canada Day (July 1) was a Day of Mourning in Newfoundland for the WWI dead...?
They perhaps should have taken this as a sign.
Miss you!
Post a Comment