Friday, June 11, 2010

New Skin for an Old Blog

When I first started on Blogger, way back in April 2005 (before I even started my PhD, if you can believe it), you couldn't change the template without losing all of your manually-entered links. Now look at all the fancy!

I started this blog because I was anxiously waiting to move here and start my new degree, and I couldn't find work so I had time to kill... Funny how life has sort of come full circle on that one. Though with less time to kill now, thanks to tot.

My first blog was, if I recall, a black/blue/green/beige affair. Then it was red/white/grey for a bit. Then I got into the minima templates, but with custom colours, and did that for a long time. But, today, the blog has a new, fresh look - like spilled watercolours. Nice, I think.

Today I put in three of the last four teaching apps, with the final one due on Monday - it makes sense that the blog get a rejuvenation right now, at a transition in my life. Just the same as it started.

ETA: Decided to go with the Victorian poppies, instead - I've always been partial to things that look like old naturalist sketches.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

The blog looks beautiful! I am inspired to look into changing mine. I've never changed mine, and I've been feeling very ho-hum about it.

H. said...

Blogger has a ton of new templates and designs, and they are pretty simple. You should give it a shot - sprucing up the blog really does rejuvenate the blogging spirit.

Powered By Blogger