Friday, October 13, 2006

Snow!

I am writing to you from fabulous Laurier grad student office space, so I must be brief and unillustrated.

I was wandering around yesterday, apartment hunting, and I was getting crabby and stressed. After an hour or so of walking, I popped in to see a (really great) place, and then, when I came out, low and behold! Snow! The first snow of the season. Many may not be happy to see it, but it was just what I needed. Cool, refreshing, beautiful (insert insinuation that the snow and I have at least three things in common here). Welcome back, snow. I, for one am glad to see you.

Oh, and that great, affordable, available apartment? Put in the application and handed over deposit/first month’s rent checks, and I should know if I get it soon, I think. Believe me, you will hear about it when I do.
*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You speak of the snow as one whom does not have to drive a car in it.

H. said...

I still have to stand around in it waiting for buses, so I am hardly a romantic about it.

hemlock said...

Funny, I thought it was early to get snow here at the beginning of October. Now I hear that S. Ont has it too? Crazy!

H. said...

Snow in Michigan, too, so even the States is in deepfreeze way early. Maybe Gore scared Global Warming away?

Amanda said...

Ahhh.. Winter comes. It won't be long until I am sleeping in my hat and coat again.

Powered By Blogger