Saturday, June 17, 2006

Dream Baby Got Me Dreaming Sweet Dreams


I have been jittery and worried for some days now, as nightmares were becoming a problem for me, and I remember reading that people over 16 should not have regular nightmares unless there was something wrong with them. Naturally, I assumed that these nightmares pointed to some problem in school that I had not yet consciously realized.

Especially since the nightmares featured one of my professors… And the tailypo (spelled tallypo back home). Neither of which one really loves to see in their dreams.

However, today (we have now gone completely nocturnal), I was finally able to sleep without the vision of razor sharp teeth and horrible cryptozoic carnage.

But I am not sure I should tell you what I did dream about, as it is either the sweetest thing in the world, or the lamest.

I was asleep, with John beside me, and the cat in my arms (he likes to sleep under the covers, with his head on my pillow – it really is quite adorable). What did I dream? That I was peacefully asleep, with John at my side and the cat in my arms!

My heart pitty-pats to know that, for right now, my subconscious desires and my actual life seem to be in perfect accord.

Now if I could only dream of a big sandwich, I would be living all of my wildest dreams today.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger