Saturday, June 03, 2006

Holly, On a Good Day


Ah! Finally, a calm and happy mood. It's been a long time in coming.

John and I had a lovely afternoon before I sent him off to work. It is raining; damp and cool. The cat is extra affectionate. I have absolutely no desire to get to my comp reading tonight, so I am considering snuggling in bed, with the sound of the rain and a sooky cat for company, and re-reading Pride & Prejudice again.

(My rainy day reading used to be Jane Eyre, but for the past year or so it has firmly been P&P… Perhaps Colin Firth has beat out CiarĂ¡n Hinds for mental image?? Who knows! The point is that bed, cat, rain and P&P makes happy, and I am eager to make the most of this mood.)

‘Tis a fine break from publishing anxiety, and makes a good prelude to Monday’s conference submission flurry. Better to enjoy the calm in the storm, for once.

I am also basking in popularity tonight, as several people have protested my polite refusal of a social engagement invitation. It is nice to be wanted.

(And Blogger can finally post pics again! But for how long??)

To cut through the treacle, though, I am fully and urgently wishing I could smack Ayn Rand in the face today, after a long chat with John that fired up the ire. Is that a rational impulse? Probably not. But I assure you, the dislike is an entirely reasonable one.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger