
Or is that just un-endowed to begin with?
Am having a major resurgence of the old CV anxiety. Madly crawling the net looking for anything (conferences, calls for papers, journal submission shots, essay contests… ANYTHING) that might add a line to the poor, anemic resume.
I am completely dickless, professionally speaking, and I would rather set my own hair on fire than to ever set foot on campus or at a department function, ever again… And I have to do both this coming week!
Competitor 1: “What are you doing this weekend?”Goody, goody.
Competitor 2: “Solving the problems in the Middle East, and then addressing Harvard.”
Comp. 1: “I may pop round to chair, should I get finished the Princeton thing early.”
Comp. 1: “What are you doing, Holly?”
Holly: “Mhihgsnnifioj – cough.”
Comp. 2: “Pardon?”
Holly: “Eating beans out of a can and watching Catch-22 until this world makes sense?”
Comp. 1 & 2: (Pause) “Haw haw. Oh yes, ra-ther! Good one.”
(All walk a way, rolling eyes.)

4 comments:
It can't be that bad. Deep breathe and get on with it. You seem bright enough to hold your own.
I'm sure it's not as a bad as I feel it to be... But the fact that I feel it as bad is bad enough, methinks.
Ah yes... functions. I need to give a presentation to a bunch of academics on Thursday and I SO am not looking forward to it. I totally know how you feel.
Thanks for your kind words about my family issue, by the way.
GOOD LUCK! (And thanks for the back-up.)
If the presentation is on your thesis work, just remember that NO ONE in the room is a better expert on your specific topic than you.
And that they all hate conferences as much as you do.
Thanks for dropping by - hang in there!
Post a Comment