Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Meta-Bloggery


Happy International Weblogger’s Day,
to one and all!



I wish an especially great day to those new and interesting comrades I have met via blogging - Amanda, LaTina Marie, Ron, Running24k (who’s mother, I believe was either a jogger or a super computer, hence the name), and many others found on the link list below.

I am very happy to get to know you, and always look forward to hearing from you, in my dank PhD-study-ridden cave.

In fact, I find that I have more in common with the folks I have selected via blogging than many of the people I have known in “real life.” This discovery was a pleasant surprise – variety always pleases a cheapskate.

I will not go into all the reasons I blog, as I have done that already.

However, I will add again that, no, I do not blog because I think people particularly wish to hear about my life (as it even stultifies me at times, and I can only imagine how it reads), but, rather, because I like to record things for memory, and because I am self-indulgent slob, as my generation has trained me to be.

I would love to say something noble and witty about my blogging habit. Something like, “Blogs would be the first thing to be banned by the fascists, so I blog to keep alive the spirit of la Resistance!” However, while this may be true of why I always participate with my Union, it is not true of blogging. (Besides, I am very sure that the fascists would find some way to make perfect and terrifying use of blogs themselves.)

I really am just self-absorbed and egomaniacal. That is the very, very sad truth.

Oh, and it is cheaper than therapy; that previous acknowledgement would have cost thousands of dollars and 16 years, had I been using a flesh-shrink.

E-shrink is both economically possible and quicker.

So, happy blogging day to all, and to all a good blogging night!

(And a special e-hug to my blogging mentor and partner.)

11 comments:

Amanda said...

I am glad you blog or else we wouldn't have become friends! Now I look back on our early interactions and snicker over the fact that we were both so shy about even emailing each other.

And look at us now.

H. said...

YES!

OMG! I'm on AIM with you RIGHT NOW!

running42k said...

Happy Blog day to you as well.

The screen name is due to the fact that I am a marathon runner. that is the distance. 42k

H. said...

Hee hee. Even I am not so un-fit to have missed the jogging theme!

And happy blogger's day to all!

Michele said...

Happy International Weblogger’s Day!

LaTina said...

aren't we all self-indulgent slobs? and i firmly believe that blogging does far more for the self than for the reader... and that's ok.

Catherine said...

Hola back, Grasshopper!

AMackid said...

"blogito ergo sum"

H. said...

So many faces! Blogging is a great hobby, and I can say that all of you do it credit.

Ron Schuler said...

From vacation in sunny North Carolina -- thanks, and same to you!

H. said...

Ah! The other of my most influential blogging mentors!

Happy vacation wishes, too.

Powered By Blogger