Friday, June 30, 2006

And We Enter Endgame

Friday. 12.30am.

The Benny piece is due in just over 30 hours.

Re-writes have been accomplished. The thing has been tightened, spot-checked, fleshed out, re-arranged, argued and generally spruced up. And made more academic – so much so that Mr. Sheboygan’s head would explode if he were to read it now.

Edits have been made, except for John’s final read through. The last piece of research should arrive in the mail this morning around 10am, so that will be screened and used where necessary. I may want to enter subheadings, and tighten the flow and order. I still have to edit the endnote text, and move the works cited list down. And write my cover-letter-email and mini-bio.

Other than those minor adjustments, it couldn’t get more ready if I tied a rosy pink bow around it.

Still, these last few hours will be dedicated to reading it and re-reading it until I either memorize it or my eyes bleed. Every last opportunity for improvement must be caught and taken advantage of.

This is Oxford you know (a name so horrifying it has to be typed in big, blue letters). The word alone sends my colon into spasms.

I would ask you to wish me luck, but I think we are rather passed that, now.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger