My daily routine has become fairly set. Chores or re-writes in the morning (1000 words a day on the Benny revamp project), a movie in the afternoon, housework in the late afternoon, and reading in the evening. Everything in its place and everything covered. Beautiful, really.
And best of all there’s that daily movie – sometimes two movies. This is the true beauty of this system.
See, the thing is that my movie watching isn’t quite work, but nor is it slacking off. That’s the true glory of being a film student! When I get too bogged down in reading or coursework, and I am left with no time to just consume movie after movie, I tend to lose perspective on the task at hand. The point of my degree, I have to remember, is film and what they say about social status and popular imagination.
In the grander scheme of things, quantitative sociological research methods mean very little in comparison to a close comparison of Aaron Altman and Sam Posner.
That is why I love my work; summer isn’t turning out to be so very rotten, after all.

No comments:
Post a Comment