
Oh for a shotgun, or at least some sort of potion to get this song out of my head…
Realized that I didn’t provide lyrics for my songs in my proposal, or clear segmentation notes of the scenes, so I am up adding them.
However, while lyrics to “Lydia the Tattooed Lady,” and “The Laws of the Administration,” were readily available for pilfering off the web, the same cannot be said for either “Freedonia’s Going to War!” or “Sing While You Sell!”
Hmmm. The two most complex and difficult to transcribe… I wonder if those facts are connected.
In any case, have just spent 40 minutes painstakingly making full transcriptions of those two production numbers, and now I have a damned sore arm and that hideous swing number from The Big Store (1941) stuck right through my brain, with absolutely no way to get it out.
It is now much, much clearer to me why old people always seem like they are looking at the world through a fog… They grew up with this stuff.
It’s probably all they’ve heard in their brains for sixty years.
Kill me. Please. Before the same thing happens to me.
(And, yes, I know this pic is actually from Duck Soup... But it is close to swing, right? Ah, get off my back.)

No comments:
Post a Comment