
On a brighter note, here are some films that have not faltered in my eyes from then (when I loved them) until now (when I still adore them), even though some may be thought a bit dodgy by others:
18 Again! (1988)
A Christmas Story (1983)
All of Me (1984)
Angel and the Bad Man (1947)
Anne of Green Gables (1985) (Please, don’t hate me, Catherine and John!)
Benji the Hunted (1987)
Coming to America (1988)
Dirty Dancing (1987)
Getting Married in Buffalo Jump (1990)
Glory Enough for All (1988)
Good Morning, Vietnam! (1987)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Scars of Dracula (1970)
Sixteen Candles (1984)
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958)
The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)
The Breakfast Club (1985)
The Changeling (1980)
The Court Jester (1956)
The Jerk (1979)
The Pink Panther series (1960s-70s)
UHF (1989)
When Harry Met Sally… (1989)
Young Sherlock Holmes (1985)
Oh, and hundreds more, including classics that no one would argue with (i.e. City Lights, The African Queen, etc.)… My taste wasn’t all that bad (for a child), and I have to remember that with nice lists like this one, at least to counter-act the pure evil in the above list.
You may not agree with some of these (I saw some of you cringe at Young Sherlock Holmes), but a guilty pleasure is still a pleasure, and it is a gift when you can hold on to come of the loves of your childhood, even if others mock.
So there.
And now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna eat some Malteasers, drink some grape soda, slip in a disk, and relive some good times.

No comments:
Post a Comment