Wednesday night I had my last class until the 27th of February! What a tremendous feeling: 11 days of self-determination.
The cosmos are kind. Class tonight was even good (for the most part). We actually settled down to discuss the readings and do some real work. I critiqued the heck out of one of my prof’s articles (with some nerves on my part), only to be praised for having the gumption to so (and for being very right in the points that I made). I love you, Dr. G!
However, the last forty minutes of class was only so-so. I am still not certain what to make of it. If you all can understand it, do fill me in.
It got really weird and confessional, with people talking about their feelings on media, face-to-face religion and ritual experiences that they have had in the past. It got pretty creepy. But that’s not the really strange part…
I really freaked myself out by actually talking of my own internal religion (didn’t even know I really had one). I think I may have “come out” as an Open Source Jew… And then got laughed at by the (self-styled) “Real Jew” in the class. Very odd dynamics.
So, am I religious all of a sudden…? And was I just taunted because of my religious convictions…? By a Jew…? Wha? Huh? Sha?
All signs of the Apocalypse, I am sure.
Ah, what the heck. It’s Break, so why think about it right now? I am going to go read Emma and enjoy my first night of freedom, and I will think of what all this means tomorrow.
Oh, and to all of you who are a bit scared and confused right now- first Buddhism and now religious Judaism- don’t worry. I don’t understand it either. I guess new (non-depressed) Holly is just a bit on the spiritual side this week.
Tomorrow, I shall sit in my pajamas and watch Duck Soup, lose all my convictions again, and all will be right with the world once more, I am sure.
For now, though, peace be upon you, my children…

No comments:
Post a Comment