Wednesday, November 09, 2005

URGENT NEWS: THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT HAS COLLAPSED!


Well, that’s a bit of an over statement, but I gotta grab attention in whatever way I can.

Federal NDP leader Jack Layton is calling for a Nov 24th motion to dissolve Parliament, leading to an election in February 2006. The NDP has decided it can no longer hold up one end of the sagging Liberal minority government.

PM Paul Martin now has to face Gomery outcomes at the same time as an election.

Now, I was a Liberal in my childhood, mostly because I fell for Chrétien, but I have never liked Martin, and consider myself an unaffiliated NDP (Canadian Democrat), with very liberal social values, but semi-Libertarian ideas of government involvement in civilian life… I’m not quite Ayn Rand, but neither am I a Jack Layton carbon copy.

So, in some ways I am happy to see the NDP force some squeals out of the Liberals…

HOWEVER, I am once again facing a Canadian Federal Election in which HARPER could, conceivably be named out leader… Dear Lord – Bush Lite, in our PMO???

Stimulus overload, here… Gotta go register…

IT’S TIME TO VOTE DOWN THE CONSERVATIVES…
Even if it means another four years of Martin.

7 comments:

Catherine said...

No! Don't vote strategically! Vote for the party you think would do the best job, not the party who is most likely to defeat the person you really dislike!

H. said...

I never vote strategically, and thanks for accusation.

I always vote for the NDP, but, quite frankly, I am realistic, and a Liberal win is only real hope.

I'd think that you would know me better than this.

It seems you don't.

Thanks.

Catherine said...

Ok, I really hope you're not truly offended. Sometimes my sarcasm and satire is best in person, not e-written. My last post was more a PSA for your other readers than for you. And I'd also really really really want to avoid Beady-Eyes McGee being the PM.

BUT, it's nice that Layton's throwing his balls around a bit. It's a good sign for the future of his party.

H. said...

I have very little sense of humour when it comes to Federal politics and my role as a voter.

However, I will say this:

YAY! ELECTION!

For me, better than crack.

Catherine said...

For reals? That's awesome if it's true. Politics doesn't usually rise my biscuits, but there's a lot hitting the fan right now, so this should be an interesting winter.

H. said...

YAY! Election!

Have decorated for the new election season, with full on link list of your options!!!

YAY! Election!

OH YES, I SHALL GO TO THE BALL!

Or, in Catherine's words:
"ZIPPITY!"

H. said...

You should be pleased! You're one more federalist livinig in Quebec!

J'aime mon pays!

Powered By Blogger