No, I never did have a day like that. I thought I had, but it turns out I was just tired and depressed. Sure, my showing wasn’t earth shattering, but the movie was great, the popcorn was tasty, and the crowd was fairly large (this close to term paper season), so I guess I made out OK.However, the low point of the evening is when a certain human-pile-of-snot, who shall remain nameless, but, who, in the final reckoning, has absolutely no impact on my life, said:
“It must be great not to have to read books, but to just watch movies instead.”
*sigh*
Yes, because political theory about the meaning of secularism in medieval Catholicism is just that much more important to the study of humanity than is film, the pinnacle of media in our times.
Oh, and it is an absolute fact that film students never read. Right?
Sorry, but I’ll take Charlie Chaplin, or Eddie Murphy, or Joan Micklin Silver over Wittgenstein, any day, pal.
Ultimately, everyone else in the room thought it went well.
I just wanted to deconstruct that guy’s existence, starting with his head. But, what else do you expect from someone who doesn’t read?

No comments:
Post a Comment