I find myself in a situation as old as those cave paintings in France. I sit and look at my books and papers, and light a candle to the muse in charge of seminar presentations. I await that rarest of things: Inspiration!I know about as much about Rastafarianism as I can in such a short time and from such a distance, and I can sense what I feel about it… As a Jew, I can intuit some of their meanings, and as a student I can frame a million questions and access a hundred different facts about their theology, lore and contexts. As a self-styled (and occasionally unsuccessful) humanist, I can appreciate its tenor and yearnings…
Now, how do I frame all these thoughts in a 30 minute presentation that walks that line between passion and academics? Worse still, how do I do it in a way that will really wow them? I was the first, way back in September, to snatch a topic, so excited was I about doing this one. Further, I am the last in my class to go on. Thus, I must really give them something to remember. Something political, artsy, feisty, articulate, funny, insightful and intelligent… And something that can get an A. Not too much to ask, huh?
So, how do I do it?
Well, it’s up to you, now, Inspiration. I am waiting on you. Come any time.

No comments:
Post a Comment