Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Proof of a Beneficent Higher Power

Regardless of whether you believe in a god, and whatever form you believe him or her to be in, I have incontrovertible proof that It/He/She is good and loving…

Denzel Washington.

Now, if there is a Superior Power, it makes sense that this Power would make men… But to make one so charming and decorative? THAT act of generosity is proof that the Power in intelligent, and that that Power loves us.

There - eight years of religious study (and a life time of movie watching) put to good use… Although I think I actually stole this same argument from St. Augustine…

6 comments:

H. said...

You know, it might have been Dianna Ross... But memory fails.

anonymous greyhound said...

hey, i just wanted to stop in and say hi. thanks for checking out my blog. i love yours! we have a lot in common! i saw that you are from middleton. that is my maiden name and i was born in annapolis, maryland (just like annapolis county)...funny coincidence. i now have your blog linked to my "blogs i read". keep up the good work!

H. said...

Hey, Thanks Sarah!
It's great to meet you!

H. said...

Bevare:

The profiles have eerie powers... I have doubles all over North America of 20-something women who have strange co-incidental things in common...

Soon we will unite, take over, and run the place like the cleanest salad bar in the world...

Hm. Not sure where that came from...

Amanda said...

I'm one of those North American women am I not?

H. said...

Yes, you surely are! I never took much time to flip through the blog profile things, but I've just started to look at them.

I am thrilled that there are so many 20-something young women all over the place who share my interests in some pretty obscure stuff.

Thanks to both for dropping in!

Powered By Blogger