Sunday, November 27, 2005

Mono, Mon, Mono.

So, in betwixt my continued adventures with Rastafarianism (done on Tuesday, you’ll all be happy to note, as then I can stop talking about it), I am already getting excuses from students for their paper due tomorrow. Well, my count makes it three dead grannies, a sick mother, one case of flu, and two deathly-serious mono victims… No pet gerbils diagnosed with terminal lymphoma, but the night isn’t over yet.

Man! Kids, listen to me. Hear the voice of wisdom. It is better just to get crap over with. If you have no clue what to do with an assignment now, it will not be better next weekend.

Soon it will all be over, and we can all leave. For now, just get the junk over with, and we can all forget this unpleasantness.

Oy. I need a drink.

4 comments:

H. said...

My other title for this post was:

"Get the mono, mono. Get the mono, mono. GET THE MONO!"

However, I didn't reckon that there were enough people out there old enough or rural enough to remember this old late-night caulking ad from CTV back in the day, so I went the higher, more Jamaican road.

Oh, well. I still love that jingle.

H. said...

I love that jingle! We, of course, thought of the kissing desease when we heard it, but man was it effective... Ten years later, and I still can't get it out of my skull!

Ron Schuler said...

The Japanese word for "stuff" is "mono" -- as in "Whose mono is that on the divan?"

H. said...

That must lead to some awkward social situations...

Powered By Blogger