Saturday, May 14, 2005

Where's MY Splendor??

Spent a depressing Sabbath by breaking the rules and watching AMERICAN SPLENDOR three times in a row. If misery loves company, then Pekar's is like Lithium for me. However, got a rather unexpected negative result... Realized I am neither creative or funny, and can't even draw stick men... Nor do I know Robert Crumb... Bad news, as there is NO splendor in my future. Would go to bed, but have the worst cold ever (turned a waxy blue colour the other night, so I take that as a bad sign). Bed only represents drainage to me now, so vertical is better. I would have feared the German Measles epidemic that is going around, but I was innoculated as a kid (I remember waiting in the room for the Annapolis Valley health nurse to give me the shot- she had a giant black bufont 'do, with a huge Leno-Skunk white stripe in front). However, a guy in London, ON, got the measles even though he was inoculated...
Great, no splendor, and a new, super-aggresive strain of measles gnawing on my system as we speak...
That's what I get for breaking the rules- G-d has eerie powers, you know.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger