Monday, May 16, 2005

HAPPY ALMOST BIRTHDAY, TO ME

Yes, on May 17th, 2005, I turn the big Two-Seven. Where did the time go?
Well, whenever I get the urge to ask that question, I can always look at my student loan assessment- that will tell me where the time went! At five I started elementary school, and graduated high school in 1996 at 18. I have, therefore, been in secondary school for nine years. I hope to have my PhD in 2009. That's thirteen years in public school, and thirteen years in university. Jeesh, after all that I better be qualified to do open brain surgery, or something! But, no, I'll probably be just another PhD working at the public library as a sorter with a chip on my shoulder and a huge debt load.
However, speaking of public library, and on to brighter topics, I crashed the library book sale today (on for at least six more days, I think). Got bios of Woody Allen, Humphrey Bogart, and DW Griffith, as well as a book promising to explain why the "50 Worst Movies of All Time" got that way, and an anthology of Jewish humour- all for $10. Yippppeeeee! Heaven bless cheap book sales. Plan to go every day, as they refresh continually. Unemployment has its advantages.
So, for my birthday, I have at least gotten some books. Therefore, even if my debt load (and my crow's feet) look a little worse for wear, and I have a hump from doing homework, I can at least read for a living. Heaven bless the non-essential worker!
Happy birthday to me...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger