Yes, you heard it here first. This town is such a hellhole, that I have taken my MA-ridden ass into the welfare process. I don't suspect that I'll get anything, but I want them to explain to me why I am on the brink of starvation, when all I need is a damned $7 an hour table-bussing job for three months! I want them to tell me to my face that my kind isn't wanted in Cracktown, Ontario. Then, I can go downtown, with a sign, and join the other hopeless cases bumming for change with a Tim Horton's cup- a sign reading: "WILL TRANSLATE ANCIENT ARAMAIC FOR FOOD!"
I don't mean all this in jest. I really am strapped for money and ideas. I have looked everywhere, apply to about 15 jobs a week (everything for which I can possibly even fake being qualified), and have yet to actually get a call. Not even the recycling sorters will hire me!
If Paul Martin can buy votes, whom do I have to blow to get a job?

No comments:
Post a Comment