Wanted: MY AUTOBIOGRAPHY, by Charles Chaplin! Dead or alive- Hell, I’ll even take it in French!
Please be advised, all you lucky ducks that get to leave this berg for vacations, etc., this summer. I NEED a copy of Chaplin’s autobiography (My Autobiography, it’s called, oddly enough), and have had NO LUCK finding it in this town. So, if anyone goes anywhere (Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, New York, Montreal, Charlottetown, Halifax, Paris, Istanbul, wherever), please be on the look out for this book. Naturally, I will be more than happy to pay the finder for their trophy, and even let them read it.
While we’re at it, anything by Lester Friedman would also be appreciated (he writes on Jews in film). In addition, any book about Chaplin. Except, that is, for Joyce Milton’s Tramp (which I got for my birthday- YAY!), and Chaplin’s My Life in Pictures (grabbed at last year’s Library book sale for $2).
That is all.

No comments:
Post a Comment