Friday, June 03, 2005

My Dinner with Andre... Um, Eileen

If any of you ever have a chance to have a lunch with one of those old teachers who used to make your eye balls sweat, now that you are away and free- DO IT!

Dr. S, my old thesis advisor, took me to lunch today to catch up on old times. And to catch up on new times, I figure. We talked for more than an hour, and I found, to my ultimate surprise, that I no longer felt like vomiting with anxiety merely by sitting in front of her. It used to be that whenever I was called upon to explain myself to her, in any way (even what I had for lunch), I would freeze and stammer. Today we talked as old acquaintances- friends, even.

It was really wonderful- I think there's more than one demon put to rest today.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger