The "gist" of this movie is that two guys, having only 6 mos to a year left while dying of cancer, decide to complete a long wacky list of things before they "kick the bucket" (hence the name).
Now, they had a lot of dough at their disposal, and I do not, but I do have (I hope) more time, so I think it evens out.
(Now, don't snicker...)
My Bucket List:
- Raise one sensible, caring and wonderful child to self-sufficiency.
- Get my PhD.
- Publish something of which I can be proud.
- Spend some quality time with my folks some day soon. (They live far away.)
- Write my screenplay... even if it ends up sitting in a drawer forever.
- Try to give back what I have received.
- Touch Nova Scotian soil once more.
- Enjoy a real, honest moment of restful self-satisfaction.
- Get to a point in my life where I can actually lay my head down at night without worrying and truly appreciate it.
- Live long enough and use my time so well that I am required to make another Bucket List once this one is completed.
Anyone else?

No comments:
Post a Comment