
Well, someone at my department suggested I just send a casual email to the Dean of Arts about needing money for that conference in Grown Up Religious Studies Scholar Conference in Saskatchewan this May, and what do you know? Suddenly, the thing doesn't seem all that impossible any more! I will likely still have to scrounge around for a bit more funding, but the Dean tossed me a fairly good start at it. I must say, WLU came through for me this time - more than I had expected from it.
In other news, since it is now tax season, that also means Update-the-Will season for me, a yearly ritual that takes place somewhere between New Year's and Tax Deadline Day in Hollyland, every year since I was 12. So, if you have anything you want when I kick off, now is the time to ask. I'll be dead, so I won't want the stuff. Just send me a single email with an itemized list (as specific as possible, since my books, CDs and DVDs number in the hundreds), with an appropriate subject line, and I will see what I can do.
Errr... sorry, I should say that the above offer is meant for people who actually know me. No casual readers allowed, thanks... though, there may still be time (before I join the Celestial Choir for the Terminally Tone Deaf) to become a Close Personal Friend of Holly, so get your charm on now, folks.
And, finally, I am amazed at how little I actually notice about certain products floating around my apartment. Was tidying the bathroom today, and noticed something odd. Is it really appropriate to call a toilet paper brand "Fiesta"? Maybe produced by the good people at Taco Bell, where they get you coming and going?
In general, all seems ok right now - though, if there is some radio silence over the next while, you can thank external funding apps, increased comp preparation, a local conference on the 30th, and my list of suggested comp questions which need to be submitted by the 4th.
Holly is a busy duck at the moment, despite all appearances, and she means to survive.
(And no particular reason there is a picture of Woody on here, except the fact that I haven't mentioned him in a while, and, well, I lurve him. Don't approve? Tough - it's my blog, and I'll do what I wanna.)
(For much Woody awesomeness, try these on.)

3 comments:
Does that mean if I pucker-up right, I could get the shamrock?
What would you be willing to do for my bigger-ticket items???
(waggles eyebrows with a vengeance)
Continue waggling those eybrows, and there's no limit to what I am willing to do...
Post a Comment