Me: I got married.
Her: Are you kidding?
Me: No.
Her: Christ. I knew that would happen.
Me: Thanks.
Her: No, well, you know marriage isn't fun.
Me: Silence.
Her: I had a feeling you would actually do it.
Me: You're a ray of sunshine today.
Her: Well, you know what I went through.
Me: Silence.
Her: I don't mean to upset you. You know I hope for the best for you.
Me: Sure.
Her: I hope you know what you are doing.
Me: I do.
Her: How's your ex handling this?
(See, my mum really liked my previous fellow, and she takes every chance she can get to remind me of that.)
Me: Better than you are.
Her: Well... congratulations, I guess. Now I have to go break this to your father, I suppose.
Me: Well, I am only married - not diagnosed with cancer or something.
Her: Hmmm.
Me: Well, I should go.
Her: Well, I love you.
Me: Yeah. Bye.
So, yeah. That was fun.
Any more questions as to why my parents and I are semi-estranged?
*

2 comments:
Haha wow - the most classic part is this, I think:
Me: Well, I am only married - not diagnosed with cancer or something.
Her: Hmmm.
Yeah, I think that is about the highlight, too. Note the "not quite sure" hint in her "hmmmm".
Yes, yes. A mother's love.
Post a Comment