Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Because I Haven't Had Enough of Books...

A meme of a higher category supplied by a blog of finer quality:

1. One book that changed your life:
Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
Charles Chaplin, My Autobiography

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
The Penguin Complete Works of Jane Austen
(Yes, that is probably technically cheating, but tough.)

4. One book that made you laugh:
Groucho Marx, Memoirs of a Mangy Lover

5. One book that made you cry:
Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre

6. One book that you wish had been written:
Kevin Brownlow, The Parade's Gone By

7. One book that you wish had never been written:
Alfred Rosenberg, The Myth of the 20th Century
... or any of the 40 books haunting my life right now for this comp, especially a certain book about a certain Lotus that can kiss my arse.

8. One book you’re currently reading:
Thomas Tweed, Our Lady of the Exile

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
The Qur'an

10. Now tag five people:
Since tagging has almost lost me one very dear friend, and alienated dozens more, I leave it up to you to take this as you will.


I will add one more: The most meaningful book you've ever read. For me, definitely the Song of Songs. I could re-read that a million times and never get tired of it. It's one of those things that grows with you, I guess.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger