Monday, January 29, 2007

Marking Hurts Me

I have the worst pain I have ever had in my right eye right now, as 100 quizzes, written in the new undergrad serial-killer-like scrawl, is a pain in more than just the ass.

Most of this batch is just horrible. Not only do I find answers like, "Paul's writings include Gospel 1 and Gospel 2," and "The Vulgate is a biblical battle," but really dangerous sentiments like "70 ce - the year the Jews killed Jesus, because they knew he was the Messiah and hated Him for it" (which is not only terrifying, but also the wrong answer). Mel Gibson, you have so much explaining to do.

Beyond this, you get kids who put answers that might be right, but which are under completely the wrong number - "bishop of Rome" may be correct for Clement, but not for Lessing, the German philosopher. So, do I give them the benefit of the doubt, or what? The horrid pain in my eyes and head make me less inclined to be nice, but the key is to just finish and clear them off the docket before they kill me.

Marking. Hurts. Me.
*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel Gibson killed Jesus

AnGabreel said...

Well put Murph, well put.

Catherine said...

Thanks, Holls. Now all my co-workers think I'm a maniac because I was braying laughing while eating a scone. Not pretty. Thanks.

H. said...

That's what I'm here for.

Oh, another gem: "Dionysius Exigus - a little red headed guy... forget what he did."

What do you think? Partial marks?

Powered By Blogger