
So, today marks the official kick-off of a new school year here at WLU’s Religion & Culture Department. I have a PhD student get-together at 3pm, and a Department dinner at 5pm… The only things I have to attend this year, and, no, I don’t want to go to either of them.
So I must now face the reality that I am well and truly a recluse now. Soon I will start wearing large hats and a cowl when I am forced out into public, and will purchase a rifle to keep census takers off my property. It is official now, I guess.
When staying home and reading, or learning the delicate and frustrating intricacies of playing and singing the song “Rocky Road to Dublin,” seems like a better use of time than meeting my peers, there is a serious problem, savy?
Oh well, if I must, I must. Come on, Grin and Bear-It, time to do your stuff.
*

2 comments:
grin and bear the dinner, it's an occupational hazard.
Too true, buddy.
sigh.
Can I be JD Salinger when I grow up?
Post a Comment