Bully for the loonie, eh? I got a wad of American cash with a really hella good exchange rate. I am looking at it right now, this strange and foreign currency… Longer than ours, and more narrow. It doesn’t even look real.
Feel the power of portable wealth! Too bad the USD is sinking fast, or I would feel prepared for anything. In the 30s it was diamonds and tinned food… now it is American greenbacks. I may hold on to some when I get back home, just in case of world conflagration.
But, for now, into the money belt it goes (I am traveling through Detroit, you know), to wait its voyage back home.
How weird to be using paper one dollars again!
Ohio, here I come!
*

1 comment:
hmm. i thought is was weird to be using one dollar coins. and two dollar coins. and 2 cent coins. i got really sick of coins. it seemed weird to pull the change out of my pocket and realize that it added up to nearly 15 euros. is the abundant coin thing just in europe, or do you guys do that in canada, too?
Post a Comment