
Come Tuesday morning, it will be ONE MORE SLEEP TIL OHIO! Lord, I never imagined that “hey, Amanda, I should come down for your birthday” would ever turn into this.
Now, all I have left is to run over to the Royal to purchase some American greenbacks, and then make it to my bus on time for noon on Wednesday… Oh, and get some sleep Tuesday night, so I don’t show up in Cincinnati looking like total and utter dog crap. That, too.
So, amidst all this today, my e-tickets and reservation details for my October conference in Vancouver arrived in my email today, all booked and paid for by the good people at the Association for Canadian Studies. EEEK!
Who would have ever thought that I, of all people, would be traveling to Ohio for a week in September, to Vancouver for a weekend in October, and possibly to Washington DC for four days in November???
Me, who thinks of a trip down to the Shopper’s by myself as an adventure!
Well, all I can say is: Go me!
*

5 comments:
BTW, I put a countdown on my side-bar, instead of that funky Firefox one... but now it seems like the sidebar countdown won't show itself on Firefox.
Grrrrrrrrrr! Ok, Explorer and Firefox, I have had ENOUGH of your petty bitching at each other.
I WILL NOT BE A PAWN.
First, you tackle the jet set lifestyle. Now, you are taking on Internet Explorer and Firefox!
WHAT IS NEXT?
IS NO ONE OR ANYTHING SAFE!?
HAHAHA!
The World Dominion of Holly!
Well, first PhD... THEN world domination.
hey hey. traveling is fun. i'm not usually one for a whole lot of traveling (maybe one trip to a destination within 500 miles of home per year), but i'm doing a lot of it this (academic) year. first maine, then spain, then atlanta in march (well, that's within 500 miles of home), then the bahamas in may. pretty sweet. and i don't have to pay for any of them. that makes it better.
ooh, i forgot one. maybe philadelphia sometime in the spring. can't forget philly... that's way more than 500 miles from mobile.
Post a Comment