
After all night on a Greyhound, I have returned from the land where stars and stripes are flown. So many memories. So many strange and exotic sights. So many hours spent on buses.
The highlight: four obese people of indiscriminate gender marching single file down an Ohio street all wearing American flag t-shirts.
Ah, yes. America the beautiful, indeed.
The low point: Having someone take my picture wearing my festive false moustache and having the entire houseful of party goers hear the photographer’s stunned gasp of, “Wow! You really do look like a man!”
See? Keeping me humble.
Actually, I had a great time, thanks to my hosts. I gladly eat some crow about some of my smug anti-American sentiments (some, not all), and would not be sorry to visit again.
Even the Wal~Mart was fairly civilized. Who'd have guessed?
*

2 comments:
America isn't ALL bad - but you really did keep some exceptional company. You can be our guest again anytime.
welcome back.
Post a Comment