Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Never Gonna Watch Donnie Darko Again…

OK. It’s been almost an hour since the movie ended, and I’m still feeling a little strange. I was putting out the garbage, and I swear someone was watching me. It kinda felt like each flash of lightening brought them closer. I felt a weird pressure of foreboding that swelled and released- like time was breathing. Well, I’m not one to let weird feelings get the better of me. Besides, we skipped putting out the trash last week, so maybe it was just rotten rice fumes going to my head.

So I came inside, and I thought I heard whispers in the bedroom. Upon investigation, there were people walking down the street, and the window was open. Problem solved. Also, I’m battling nicotine withdrawal, so that is it- right?

Still shaky, I finally convinced myself that having all the lights on is wasteful, so I sat huddled in the light from the alcove in the living room. The cat refused to be supportive, and has been walking around howling and staring into the middle distance, as if ghosts surround us, and only he can see them. Will drop cat off at pound tomorrow. Maybe he can go live with a nice exorcist who is into this kind of thing.

I resolved to shake silly, pathetic freak-out from bizarre movie by sitting and watching something uncomplicated and comforting. So I put in City Lights (1931)- an absolute favourite. The computer was still on my Union notes, so I started to play a game of solitaire, still nervously attempting to chuckle off the chilled feelings.

However, this has not helped. Windows has turned against me- It gave me the same hand back to back. I could actually “predict” every card that came up! Now am seriously willied. Must lie down in brightly lit place with a cold cloth… John will be home in about an hour… Calm…

Never gonna watch Donnie Darko again.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger