Monday, July 04, 2005

Meeting My Waterloo- And it Ain't Bad

Hi All! After a long absence I am back. Did you miss me? Awwwwww. Thanks.

Well, how I spent my week. Let's see... I wrote the below updates, but was foiled at every attempt to post them. This has prompted John and I to actually get internet at home next fall. Far out, huh?

Well, I should start out with a "Happy (belated) Canada Day" to all, and a "Happy 4th of July" to our Southern Cousins! I spent my Canada safely indoors, listening to Stompin' Tom albums- the way G-d intended Canada Day to be celebrated. Ever since, however, I have been glued to DEVO and "Weird Al", so I don't know what that means. In any case, Hamilton celebrates Canada Day by getting horribly ripped and trying to kill everything with firecrackers, so I stayed home with my golf club in hand and protected my roof from sudden flames!

Since then I have been listing to a ton of music, as I am packing and every time I come across a CD I haven't heard in a while I would put it one while dusting and trying to cram three years' worth of junk into our scanty box supply. Also, I have had to get through a pile of research I borrowed from the public library, as I couldn't renew them any more. Not too bad, though, as my "research" consisted of Crossing Delancey, The Jazz Singer (1926 AND 1980!), etc. MOVIES! Gosh, I love my work!

So, it seems that our apartment is firm, and we are trying to get out there to actually see it. We had plans for this week, but I forgot about a Union thing, so now it will be next week. However, we have memorized the map, so that's a start. We are very close to groceries, which is essential for vegetarians who do not want to look like a Marilyn Manson groupie (i.e. white with black sockets), and reasonably close to everything else, including the "Amish Paradise" of St. Jacob's!!

We're in heaven.

Had a panic attack on Saturday night. I kept freaking out that something was going to bite me in the ass to make up for the good fortune we've had- maybe a drunk driver coming out of no-where or a bureaucratic melt down over the student loans. However, upon investigation, I am inclined to blame this on 8 straight hours of DEVO ("Are we not men? We are DEVO!), no food and millions of gallons of coffee. I jumped all night.

I hope all is well all of you, as well. The heat is coming back, so take care. Also, if any can, it would be nice to see all of our members at the CUPE 3906 GMM on Wednesday night, at 5.30pm, in the Div College. Refreshments to follow.

Now that my shilling is done, I'll sign off. Gotta send a million emails out with MY NEW ADDRESS!!!! NOT IN HAMILTON!!!! Very V.G.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger