Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Man, Have I Been a Good Girl

Well, you will note that I have a ton of little notes for you all (below), and I bet you’re thrilled. Today I went to Waterloo.

I don’t know what I did with my life, or the former, but whatever it was, it must have been good! Today I saw my mythical dream apartment- and it was better than I had hoped!

We left for Waterloo from McMaster at 8.45am this morning, and arrived at 10. Our friend Lisa, who was my roommate way back in my first year of university, was there to meet us at the Kitchener bus station. After a quick breakfast, we struck out. First to Laurier, which seems to have been hit pretty hard by the recent draught. Thus, the brown lawns didn’t really impress, but I at least managed to pick up a few el-cheapo mementoes for our near and dear. Then we walked for about twenty minutes (in blazing heat) to the apartment.

What a sight! Situated between two parks (which are more like forestry conservation areas), our building is isolated from any other building by a wall of tall fir trees. Our side of the building luckily faces these (as opposed to the parking lot). The lobby was subdued and brown, but clean and safe. The elevators were tidy, and had an amusing faux-leatherette look. When we got to our floor, we were greeted by an empty and quiet hall, and doors that are not only solid, but rimmed in brick! Inside, the place was like a mirage. The air conditioning is central (and very efficient), the lighting great, and the windows plentiful! Two bedrooms (one a perfect office), a large living room, and a dining room! We have oodles of closet/ storage space, with a walk-in closet in the master bedroom, and a PANTRY in the kitchen! Also a linen closet, serviceable balcony, and a front hallway- all musts for gracious living! It was freaking fantastic!

We didn’t go far around town, as it was bloody hot outside and oh so very cool inside. We did go to a nice Indian grocers to grab a dozen take-away samosas for our lunch (so, thus, a close-by service we will use often- three samosa for a buck????). When Lisa’s husband Todd got off work, we went to a lovely vegetarian restaurant (one of at least THREE such places in Waterloo- compare with downtown Hamilton’s NONE), called Jane Bond (www.janebond.ca, for your information). From thence, it was back to the bus station and home.

I must have been very good. Except for having Al’s song “Trash Day” stuck in my head all day, the heat, and an aggravating time trying to get to campus from the bus stop (through construction zones), it was a pretty flawless day.

Sorry, this posting was neither funny nor interesting (to anyone but me), but I had to spill it. Take a look at the other ones, you ingrates!

2 comments:

LaTina said...

congrats on the great apartment!

H. said...

I'm very pleased. My mum warns me that talking about how happy I am can attract the evil eye, so maybe I should tone it all down a bit.

Powered By Blogger