Tuesday, November 30, 2010

phooey

Feeling down and remorseful about not being able to go to that conference to meet the hiring committee in person. Overwhelmed with feelings of helplessness and futility, and the sense that I will never get a real job because I don't have enough money to compete for them.

My advisor's pessimism has gotten me again. I know she is right. Not going has already sunk my application. There really is no point in even doing a phone interview. This job will go to someone who has a rich enough family or enough credit or a good enough job to afford travel.

One truth that is eternal - if you are poor, the world works to keep you that way.

Only the well-off can afford to better their situation.

The rest of us better just get on welfare so the well-off can have someone to look down on.

I know my place.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger