Sunday, April 18, 2010

Now for more important decisions...

Does anyone know if the candidate is expected to bring refreshments to the defence? Or does anyone feel that I should?

I was thinking of a very simple spread, assuming about 12 people in attendance. A dozen doughnuts, a dozen muffins, a half dozen croissant, a box of fresh strawberries and a jug of orange juice. Sound ok?

(Also: What's better for a seminar-type gathering - doughnuts or Timbits?)

I know it's a lot, but I figure it's better not to do it at all than do it chintzy, right? Besides, the extras can go back to the grad student lounge and main office with my (hopefully triumphant) compliments... and, if I fail, I will need the fats and sugars as a cheap substitute for Prozac.

I will ask either the chair of my dept or the grad studies folks about it this week - and if there is a way to get an urn of coffee in the room, as I have no means to manage this one myself.

OK... Now back to the real work.

(Click on comic for larger image.)

1 comment:

LaTina said...

Our department provides refreshments for defenses. Usually cookies, soda, water, and coffee.

Powered By Blogger