Is it traditional to have a small gift for your advisor for after your successful defence? (I would give it to her after the defence is all over, as long as there's no way it could look a bribe or something.)
Anyone have an opinion on this?
I was thinking of a picture frame or a nice little charm box or something. Possibly a small business card holder, since she does ethnography. Any suggestions?

2 comments:
wow, i have no suggestions for you, but thanks for the reminder. i had meant to get something (a card) for my advisor, but forgot until now. i am not going to get a trinket-type gift because my advisor is leaving the country for 5 months. maybe food, but i doubt that i will have time to bake before tomorrow. hmmm...
YAY! My blog has finally crossed the line into public service!
I was thinking of possibly a new notebook and pen set - it's practical, at least.
Post a Comment