According to the good people on the public health line, there is a good chance what the tot and I are crawling out from under was Norwalk, and not some run-of-the-mill flu. The good news is that, typically, Norwalk is shorter than the flu... the bad news is that it is about 10X worse in a shorter period. In addition, the virus can survive on pretty much every surface in your house for weeks after an outbreak, so I have been disinfecting like mad, since most everything was doused with viral grossness, or at least touched by hands that had been.
I am really paranoid about re-contracting this devil-virus, so I have been dragging my zombie-like carcass around all bloody day doing laundry and shining surfaces. I even bought clorox wipes, which is fairly uncharacteristic of me, but seemed preferable to lugging around a bucket of hot water in this condition.
So, I have put all serious thought on hold today, and possibly tomorrow, and will give more consideration to what's going on with my mess of a dissertation after I have regained some mental and physical strength. Right now, my nerves are shot and my brain is far too muzzy.
All of that crap will still be there in a few days, I am sure.
As for now - broth and bedrest. Yes!

No comments:
Post a Comment