Wednesday, February 10, 2010

WANTED URGENTLY: One Available PhD in Jewish Studies or Film Free for April

We are having major trouble finding an external reviewer for my dissertation who is free to travel here in April (or even teleconference or webcam). My first two choices are not; my third has yet to respond... It's getting hairy.

So, I sent my advisor a list of about 14 new options; I am not taking any more chances. I'd ask a janitor as long as s/he was from an outside university at this point. Man, the bureaucracy of defending is beyond belief!

Just for kicks, I added two Giants in my field to the list, figuring "what do I have to lose?" There's no way in heck they're available. However, I am fairly certain I would immediately poop my pants if I found out they were willing.

Perhaps they will be free - you know, like they always say that the pretty girls in high school are wanting for dates because no one asks, thinking they are out of their league or all booked up. That's a total lie, btw, but what if that's the case with these guys?

Yup. I'd foul myself. Immediately.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger