laurier has a pretty great food bank program, too. it's all anonymous..you fill out a form online and tell them any dietary restrictions, etc, then they leave the food (2 bags of food) in a locker and you go pick it up. i was about to submit a request last week before i got paid, but my money came through a bit early.
I can't actually find any info on the website, but will keep looking. They sure don't make it easy, huh? (If I were weak with hunger, this would be a pretty impossible task.)
glad you found it! the only reason i found out was b/c one of my CSL students is doing her placement with them. but she didn't really say how to access it. i guess they don't put it right on the mainpage otherwise they would get every student who is short on beer money putting in an application for food :)
It is really good they have that service, and it's cool that it is anonymous. I will certainly keep it in mind.
The biggest problem I have with this response from GS is that I wasn't even looking for handouts at all. Advisor asked me to contact them to get them to stop me getting kicked out.
Offering food stamps in return was not exactly the greatest help.
7 comments:
laurier has a pretty great food bank program, too. it's all anonymous..you fill out a form online and tell them any dietary restrictions, etc, then they leave the food (2 bags of food) in a locker and you go pick it up. i was about to submit a request last week before i got paid, but my money came through a bit early.
Hey, that's good to know, just in case! Thanks.
I can't actually find any info on the website, but will keep looking. They sure don't make it easy, huh? (If I were weak with hunger, this would be a pretty impossible task.)
Found it - it's with the student union.
glad you found it! the only reason i found out was b/c one of my CSL students is doing her placement with them. but she didn't really say how to access it. i guess they don't put it right on the mainpage otherwise they would get every student who is short on beer money putting in an application for food :)
It is really good they have that service, and it's cool that it is anonymous. I will certainly keep it in mind.
The biggest problem I have with this response from GS is that I wasn't even looking for handouts at all. Advisor asked me to contact them to get them to stop me getting kicked out.
Offering food stamps in return was not exactly the greatest help.
:(
STUDENT: Help! I'm on fire!
GS: I'm sorry; it's not our policy to interfere with fire... But, if you fill out these forms, we might have a set of water wings for you.
STUDENT: WTF?
Post a Comment