___
Being that movie theatres are forbidden to me now (toddler + lack of funds), I am stuck waiting for "previously enjoyed" sales to see anything new, and here's the crop of stuff I didn't see this past year (but wanted to).(In no particular order.)
- Fantastic Mr Fox
- In the Loop
- The Road
- Coraline
- (500) Days of Summer
- Sherlock Holmes
- Adventureland
- The Invention of Lying
- Bright Star
- Crazy Heart
- My Sister's Keeper
- Whatever Works
- Away We Go
- Amreeka
- Le Concert
- My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done
- A Serious Man
- Up In The Air
- I Love You, Man
- Zombieland
- Adam
- Precious
- Cairo Time
- The Soloist
- The Lovely Bones
- Angels and Demons (Because Ewan-as-priest = yumma)
- The Young Victoria
- Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
- A Single Man
- An Education
- I Love You Phillip Morris
And I guess I should add Avatar to this list, though I have about a 7% desire to see it. I know it involves a series of blue cat-people.
I am sure there are many others, but those are the ones I specifically recall missing out on and have not yet seen by other means.
Do let me know if you think I wasn't missing much.
***
ETA: I did read the screenplay for A Serious Man. HAHAHA... How incredibly sad is that? I am reminded of: "I've been reading a lot of scripts lately. You know, it's a lot cheaper than going to the movies." (Can you place that quote without Google?)

2 comments:
Wow! I saw 12 from your list. Zombieland is not to be missed. No joke - it's hella good. AND, I'm very pleased that you're on board with my Ewan-as-priest bent.
I envy you and your $4 movie venue. $12+ is just too much to gamble on a film you've never seen before. True, I actually buy movies I've never seen for about that price, but if they stink on ice I can always recoup some by re-sale. I've not yet found a way to recoup the value of a theatre ticket misspent.
Post a Comment