Monday, January 18, 2010

D-Day: February 26th, 2010

A date so nice, I say it twice:
February 26th, 2010.

(AKA. The Friday before tot's second birthday, so as to avoid conflicts. I'm smart!)

This is the day I have targeted for having my third, and, therefore, final draft of the dissertation sent to my advisory committee. It is possible there will still be minor tweaks after that, but that will basically be the pre-defence draft that gets sent to the university dissertation examining committee in March after my three supervisors all read it and sign off on it.

This prospect both fills me with joy and with dread. It is also entering the realm of the bland, since it will never have the fire works I mentally feel it should.

That day, I will email off the draft. I will make three meals that day, change some diapers, read the news, call my mum, yadda yadda yadda... Really, nothing special, but, then, anything short of Roman candles and it will feel so much less exciting than the beginning of the end of a five year odyssey should.

Sigh. Such is life.

At least I have some toddler b'day shenanigans to enjoy that weekend. That shall have to suffice.

So very close...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger